When a lymph node under arms is swollen or enlarged a lump may appear. Lymph nodes’ function is to protect the organism from infections and bacteria. They can grow because of cancer as well. So if you have lump under your armpit it is very important to watch. It may be a symptom of different diseases. There are many causes of this problem. For example ingrown hair armpit lump can occur.
What are the causes of armpit lump
A lump under armpits can be a symptom of some disease. Sometimes it is not harmful. But you should know the cause of this problem in order to diagnose the disease properly. It can save your health and life in some cases.
- The most common cause of armpit lump is bacterial infection.
- Viral infections such as AIDS, shingles or chickenpox may cause armpit lump as well.
- Ingrown hair armpit lump is a problem of many young girls. It happens because they are not experienced with shaving the area.
- Chemicals of some antiperspirants may affect your skin under armpits. It causes lumps as well.
- Some medicines may lead to different unpleasant allergy reactions. In the list of such medicines are iodine, penicillin and sulfa drugs. The reaction of the organism may be caused by Typhoid and Smallpox vaccines.
- Lipomas can be the cause of armpit lump in older adults.
- The most dangerous cause of armpit lump can be cancer. It may occur because of breast cancer.
- One of the ways to prevent ingrown hair armpit lump is to follow the rules of shaving.
- Always use a shaving foam or gel for shaving under armpits.
- Do not forget to change your blade in time. Never use a razor if it is not sharp.
- Use scrubs in order to exfoliate your skin under the armpits.
- Moisturize your skin under armpits. It should be smooth.
- Choose moisturizers which do not clog the pores.
You should remember these simple advice and you will never have such problem as ingrown hair armpit lump.